By Padmasiri De Silva
Read or Download An Introduction to Buddhist Psychology and Counselling: Pathways of Mindfulness-Based Therapies PDF
Best religious & spiritual eastern philosophy books
This quantity introduces the main classical Arabic philosophers via sizeable decisions from the main works (many of which look in translation for the 1st time right here) in all the fields--including good judgment, philosophy of technology, usual philosophy, metaphysics, ethics, and politics--to which they made major contributions.
Confucian political philosophy has lately emerged as a colourful sector of notion either in China and worldwide. This e-book presents an available creation to the most views and subject matters being debated this day, and exhibits why innovative Confucianism is a very promising method. scholars of political conception or modern politics will research that faraway from being limited to a museum, modern Confucianism is either responding to present demanding situations and supplying insights from which we will all study.
Guidebook par excellence to an important historical Jewish student a latest of either Jesus and the apostle Paul, Philo was once a prolific Jewish theologian, thinker, and flesh presser -- a desirable, slightly enigmatic determine -- who lived his whole existence in Alexandria, Egypt. His many books are very important assets for our figuring out of old Judaism, early Christianity, and the philosophical currents of that point.
The research of Islamic philosophy has entered a brand new and intriguing section within the previous few years. either the acquired canon of Islamic philosophers and the narrative of the process Islamic philosophy are within the means of being notably puzzled and revised. such a lot twentieth-century Western scholarship on Arabic or Islamic philosophy has curious about the interval from the 9th century to the 12th.
- Sharing Poetic Expressions: Beauty, Sublime, Mysticism in Islamic and Occidental Culture: 6 (Islamic Philosophy and Occidental Phenomenology in Dialogue)
- Spirit, Qi, and the Multitude: A Comparative Theology for the Democracy of Creation (Comparative Theology: Thinking Across Traditions)
- Happiness Across Cultures: Views of Happiness and Quality of Life in Non-Western Cultures: 6 (Science Across Cultures: The History of Non-Western Science)
- Holding Yin, Embracing Yang: Three Taoist Classics on Meditation, Breath Regulation, Sexual Yoga, and the Cir culation of Internal Energy
- Leo Strauss on Science: Thoughts on the Relation between Natural Science and Political Philosophy (SUNY series in the Thought and Legacy of Leo Strauss)
- The Krishna Cancer (Neurotheology Series)
Extra resources for An Introduction to Buddhist Psychology and Counselling: Pathways of Mindfulness-Based Therapies